100%. Finally, the download was complete, and the installation of Age of Conan started, along with the infamous message “This might take a while”. So far so good, but having heard lots about the downloader corrupting some of the files, and lots of people having troubles with it, I was a bit pessimistic. It succeeded though, and I started the patcher.
Zap. Some file was missing. Thinking logical as always, I assumed that it was the downloader that had made some kind of error, and started checking the files. By looking at the official forums, I found out that it one of the smaller files wasn’t a correct size. So, I redownloaded it, and tried again. Same thing ended up happening, although the downloaded file matched that of my friend (being 2kb smaller). I looked up what the file could be and found out it was a part of Windows SP2 – which I had “forgotten” to install after I recently had to format my computer.
Thus, the wild hunt of updates, getting an accepted Windows Key (my previous was – according to the Windows tool – a volume license. Thank goodness for MSDNAA! So, in short, all I need now is to get SP2 down and running – and then get the patch, and be ready for the prestart opening tomorrow at around 7PM (edit: mental lag, it was 7, not 5).