Candy Dream

Yeah, I know the previous post was posted under 48 hours ago, but at this point I needed to make quick progress and get a version of the game ready that I felt was polished enough to serve as the final product. As such, this will also be the last (official) post regarding the development of “Candy Nightmare”, and fill focus on those last little changes I made from the previous iterations.

Continue reading

Do I Dare To Go Digital?

For this round of looking at “User Experience and Prototyping”, it is finally time to delve a bit into the development process of going digital. So far, I am currently at the second stage of the process, with the decision that the third session will the final and last – and that is also what I will plan on using my last “official” post on this project on describing: the final prototype. But, for now, let us look at the process and thoughts that went into the current second iteration of the digital version.

Continue reading

Yet Another Paper Prototype

Moving fast forward from the previous post on User Experience and Prototyping, all the feedback from the Cultural Probe and other sources had been analysed, and I had gotten quite a nice bit of feedback from my muse to start working on the first part of the development process: The paper prototype. Rather than getting too much into which parts that inspired me, I am going to spend the post explaining the game concept, what changed when showcasing the game to my muse and, finally, quickly dip into what changes is to be expected when the game goes digital very soon™.

Continue reading